DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (2)

• 10thfretBlues 2:09PM
  • richter4208 2:09PM

Today's Birthdays

Jehu olivierb bhepp9 margimunson JezG

Still looking for information about Bucolo

13»

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    I steamed the neck butt-joint apart and straightened the bowed neck with a couple of carbon fire rods, refret is done - tricky in the soft pearwood (?) fingerboard - but I still need to level & crown. I'm trying a bolt-on conversion to correct the neck angle, final angle adjustments with strings on (then glue down the fingerboard extension).

I'm still convinced mine is a P.Bucolo, I'm fairly sure the rare "Ikea Klumpa" guitars were actually made by Busato...
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Petrarca, Catelluccia, Bucolo, Martino, Hofner, Hoyer, Burns
    Not that it is a priority just yet, but mine needs much the same amount of work. A slight neck bow needs fixing and I will probably go the carbon route, although mine does have a rosewood fingerboard at least (I had a Sonora with a pearwood board, and yes it can be a bit flaky). I have to fix a couple of minor splits in the top (easy), soundhole decoration (not so easy)and find why the heel block moved (major surgery). The fingerboard extension and the top around the soundhole have all 'sunk' but the neck to body butt joint is still tight, so it looks as if the heel block has moved inside allowing string tension to pull the neck forward and down if that makes sense.
    Now I am writing about it and having read your latest adventures in luthiery it has inspired me to at least take it apart this weekend to see where I need to go next.....what the hell, its raining anyway.
    I might even take some photos.
    As for the Ikea/Busato/Bucolo connection you may be closer than you thought. In that excellent story on Pierre Fontaine in Vintage Vertigo (translation available by request) it is revealed that not only did he make most of Busato's cheaper guitars from the '50s but he says Pierre Bucolo was one of his best customers. So our Bucolos may have been made by Fontaine who also made a lot of Busatos.
    Research continues.............
    AndyW
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    edited March 18 Posts: 329
    And the Bucolo(?) / Napoli(?) is up & running: the clock/painting is a guitar once again ;-)
    Still some finishing work to do, I'll post a wee video once its 100% sorted.
    <edit>
    - I am getting the authentic "Klumpa klumpa klumpa klump"
    rhythm sound from it ;-)
    Buco
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'