DjangoBooks.com

Stefan Wrembel's "Big Brother"

2»

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 4,734
    Stephane I think likes to put effects on his guitar occasionally so that might be the case here and it could make things tricky. I could hear a chorus or something like that on some of his albums although I could only listen to this song on the phone right now so I can't be sure.
    But I'd say yes, two guitars and a mandolin. Balalaika would be sweet though.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BarkonatorBarkonator Medina, OH✭✭ Mazaud - Vieux Paris
    That is actually David Grisman on mandolin for that track. I haven't seen the movie so I am not sure whether or not that is the original recording from the soundtrack. That track is from a CD Stephane Wrembel recorded with David Grisman called Gypsy Rumble. Its one of my favorites!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Hey Chim, BTW the melody is pretty easy to transcribe yourself if you are just looking for the head since it is not very complex and pretty much repeats the pattern but modulates to different key centers. Watch the live vid on Youtube to locate the positions on the fretboard. Also, basic improv is easy to get started just use harmonic minor as a basis (Am, Gm, Cm all harmonic minor). Fits the melody and chords. Chord chart is also pretty basic.

Pretty cool, fun tune.
  • JojoJojo London UK
    Yes, it seems its a mandolin (I've just tracked the album down). I really do like the combination of that and the sound of a Selmeresque guitar. Will now have to buy the album :)
  • chimorhchimorh
    Bones.....thank you.....I'm working my way through it!!