DjangoBooks.com

Rare UK appearance John Jorgenson

ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
in Welcome Posts: 68
Since discovering Django in 1979, John Jorgenson has become “the US Ambassador of Gypsy Jazz”.

Over the years Jorgenson has continued to honour the legacy of Reinhardt by bringing his unique brand of Gypsy Jazz to the masses with his John Jorgenson Quintet.

John will be making a rare UK appearance on Saturday June 3rd, Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool.

Details below.

liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/djangos-legacy-iii-john-jorgenson--john-wheatcroft

John Jorgenson – Solo Guitar
John Wheatcroft – Solo Guitar
Micky Dunne – Rhythm Guitar
Mark Rose – Double Bass
Jake Woodward – Drums

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Wishing you all the best for this one Conor. Sorry I can't make it.
    always learning
    I was just listening to him playing Billet Doux this morning.
    Man did he rip on that one.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    Wishing you all the best for this one Conor. Sorry I can't make it.

Thanks Alan, hopefully plenty more to come.

The fantastic Remi Harris Trio in September is another I'm looking forward to.

Some plans in place for next year but can't give too much away at the moment but off to Paris to seal the deal on one of those in the next month or so :-)
  • TrevorTrevor Sheffield UK
    I've got tickets for this - coming over from Sheffield, where I now live. John Wheatcroft is himself an excellent guitarist, too. I'm also planning on having a pint in the Philharmonic pub, which I used to go in when I was a youngster. It's going to be a cracking gig!
    Trevor wrote: »
    I've got tickets for this - coming over from Sheffield, where I now live. John Wheatcroft is himself an excellent guitarist, too. I'm also planning on having a pint in the Philharmonic pub, which I used to go in when I was a youngster. It's going to be a cracking gig!

Come over and say hello on the night, I'll be the bald Irish man running around on the night :-)

I used to live in Sheffield myself but moved to Liverpool about 17 years ago.

• TrevorTrevor Sheffield UK
    Thanks, Conor, I'll look out for you! I suspect we might have mutual friends!
    Trevor wrote: »
    Thanks, Conor, I'll look out for you! I suspect we might have mutual friends!

Cool :-)
    Only 25 tickets left for this folks, don't miss out on what promises to be another fantastic show.