DjangoBooks.com

Your triad exercise or practice (beginner question)

2»

Comments

• Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    Guitar wise many people here have given good examples on how to practice ,there are many ways to learn positions and connect them all together, its a matter of mapping your neck and it's notes on your head , but I think what you really mean to obtain is musicality. And that's the really difficult thing to do, I always recommend to sing your notes, it will help you develop a better ear, and overall it will help you become better at music.
    If you can scat while you play, use your shapes over 2-5-1's while scatting this will help you interiorize the sound of semitensions , tensions and resolutions. Which is the basic standing point while improvising. If that's not the case just sing the arpeggios over a pedal chord and try doing it like this:
    Ex, C
    Sing the arpeggio in root position order,
    C e g
    Then do it's invertions
    E C g
    G C E
    Then add the 7th, and modify your intervals to fit m7 and dominant chords.

Once this stuff is in your head it will become easier to use this on your playing. Ideally every task you study I believe should include singing it. It will really make things easier, also scat the solos of Django, he was a monster musically speaking ... He had a marvelous way with arpegios !
    t-birdJosechikyBucoJim KaznoskyBillDaCostaWilliams