DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg pick

13»

Comments

• Oleoleo2Oleoleo2 New

Man, I got so frustrated just by reading some of the answers! It's like the forums where someone is asking about an app to an old Ipad, and everybody is trying to lecture about how the person should just buy a new Ipad, and that it is not worth it, even not knowing why the question i being asked in the first place! This tendency needs to stop!!!

First of all, I don't know the exact answer to your specific question, but the pick does definitely make a difference. I recently chanced from a fairly thick Wegen pick to a Big City 1.8, and it does make a difference first of all in sound. That was the main reason why I changed, as I could not get the sharp attack I wanted like eg. Pansch Weiss, with a very thick round edge. But actually after have gotten used to it, some difficult things, suddenly seem to succed a lot better, probably because the pick is lighter and smaller, and can skip strings faster. I got the tip from a podcast with Joscho Stephan, that have had a talk with Wegen, who said that the more "technical guitarists" like eg. Jimmy Rosenberg played with thinner, lighter picks (losely how I remembered the podcast, I might not be acurate), but I believe my point and definitely my experience is still relevant.

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

if you stop the vid at 10 sec and then go frame by frame (push period key), the pick looks very thick. maybe 4-5mm?