Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

MitziDambr MerediDeas geese_com

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• Jazzaferri 6:37PM

"Django in action" photos

sadowsadow ✭✭
Just for the hell of it, I've gathered a few of what I believe to be lesser known shots of Django at the helm.
BucoWim GlennBill Da Costa Williams

Comments

• edited March 9
    The bottom right I saw the first time on last year's Django in june poster and I thought it's such a badass moment of him playing.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Wim GlennWim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆVirtuoso 503
    edited March 10
    Thanks for that - and it's good to see the Selmer 503 in all six photos (edit: my mistake, top middle is not the 503!). There are too many pics of Django playing weird crappy guitars!

Look how different the left hand finger positions are in top-right and bottom-left pics. It's clear he's fretting notes, you hear it said that those two fingers were frozen in place like a claw, but I think that's just an urban myth - you can see some limited mobility there.
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out, Wim.

I haven't seen the photo in the middle of the top row before. Is it the J'attendrai guitar?
    Ça ne veut rien dire si ça ne swingue pas
  • Wim GlennWim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆVirtuoso 503
    I think so. The short-scale oval hole, the ugly duckling. I wonder where this guitar is now???
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Grande Bouche, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    I think so. The short-scale oval hole, the ugly duckling. I wonder where this guitar is now???

Seriously, where is that guitar? We know where #503 is. We know where that guitar that Les had is.

Where is the guitar that he played a lot of his most celebrated music on?
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited March 11
    From his expression on the bottom right he must have picked the G note.
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited March 11
    alton wrote: »
    Wim Glenn wrote: »

Seriously, where is that guitar? We know where #503 is. We know where that guitar that Les had is.

The guitar that Les had has been woken up recently. Still trying to find the video (if it exists).

alton