DjangoBooks.com

Finland - Australia Video Jam "Si tu voir ma mère"

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Welcome Posts: 391
Hey guys,

Here's a bit of fun - me and Tomi Kettunen @bluetrain playing Si tu voir ma mère. Hope you all like it!!!!

BucoAndrewUlleterrassierpickitjohnJosechiky

Comments

Love it!!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Fun stuff Jon! What you just recorded a rhythm track or something to get started and then emailed it back and forth?
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks guys! @Bones, yeah, I recorded a rhythm track, and then a track where I played a solo, the final melody, and more rhythm for Tomi's solos, plus the bass track. Then I sent that to Tomi, and he added a rhythm and a lead/rhythm track. We video'd everything, and I put it together. Lots of fun.

Tomi and I, apart from loving this music, are both very much into recording and microphones etc, so it's good to have little projects like this to work on :) And nice to get to play together more than once or twice a year at Samoreau!
    Buco
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Nice Jon .. !! I've sometimes found this tune hard to make worthwhile on guitar because you don't get those long notes dripping with vibrato like you can on a wind instrument. But the little details and fills from a second guitar makes it sound good. Thanks for sparing us a bass solo. =)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, great idea Jon! What software did you use to put it together?

thanks
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thaks @Wim Glenn :) The countermelody was Tomi's idea - he sounds so good on it. I think the melody still works by itself though - it's one of my favourites to play at the moment. Some nice little turns to the chords, and what a great melody!

@Bones I used Pro Tools to do the audio (Tomi uses Logic) and Final Cut Pro X to put the video together.