DjangoBooks.com

new 'DJANGO" film

bluedreambluedream
in History Posts: 8
"DJANGO" film to show in berlin on Feb 9th - 19th music by the Rosenberg Trio.
Reda Kateb as Django http://deadline.com/2017/01/django-opening-film-berlin-festival-2016-etienne-comar-1201878380/
MichaelHorowitzBuco

Comments

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited January 2017 Posts: 393
    I read somewhere, probably on the French forum, that Stochelo Rosenberg injured a finger and was unable to do the recordings for the film. Instead Cristophe Lartilleux plays Django's guitar parts, on his Selmer guitar. Perhaps the rest of the Rosenbergs still acted as rhythm section? We'll see. In any case, I'm looking forward to see it some day.
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    Stochelo recorded the music and injured himself after. Lartilleux was hired to be the "fingers" double for the guitar close-ups.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 393
    Well, if my French isn't too rusty, this article, which I believe is the one I read earlier, says that Lartilleux plays on half of the titles of the soundtrack (as well as acting as body double for the actor that plays Django in the "action scenes"):
    http://www.lunion.fr/826442/article/2016-10-23/christophe-lartilleux-un-chalonnais-aux-doigts-d-or-dans-la-peau-de-django
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,449
    Interesting ... Stochelo tone is closer to Django (when he chooses to play Django lines), but then Christophe does all the 2 finger stuff and knows all the positions! If it's really the way spud wrote, that's kinda the best of both worlds!

I wonder if they had to smash up poor Christophe's hand to be the body double.. :dizzy:
    Dirtypool
    He had to wear some silicone thing to make his left hand look like Django's. It's in the article too.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 2,159
    Nousche and Stochelo recorded the music, but then they had other musicians mime over the Rosenbergs. Nousche was a bit upset about this

So you're gonna see Hono playing rhythm, but the sound you hear will be Nousche playing rhythm.

It's kinda like you get Adrien Moignard to record the lead lines, then you get Sebastien Giniaux to appear on camera miming Adrien's lines.
    wimacalvane92
  • Joshl-mJoshl-m New
    The premier is very close. Has anyone seen a trailer for this film yet? I can't wait to hear the soundtrack.
    Is the story fictional or fact based?
    Although I'm guessing loosely based on facts.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • I understand Nousche's feelings well. Decades ago I spent a week flying a Beaver on floats with the doors off while a CBC cameraman filmed. When the time came to have a shot of the bush pilot though they brought in a double. I didn't look enough like a bush pilot.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    The story will be, to my understanding, focused on a short period of time: when Django tries to cross 3times without success Switzerland during WWII to flea Paris in 1943 (the German administration wanted him to play in Germany, Naguine was pregnant, he didnt feel so safe in Paris).
    So the background is fact based but because it is so short there will be a lot of imagined things...

And I am not sure I like that. The guy who helped the director to write the movie wrote a book with the same idea. It is called Crazy about Django and it tells really really losely the story of Django through the eyes of three women (fictive women) who played important roles for Django. I didnt like that book, for me, the created facts didnt match what we know of Django.
    A book like Insensibement by Alain Gerber was much better IMO: still fictionnal, he makes us feel like we are in the clubs with Django, with a lot of interior thoughts...

ANyway we ll see...
    BucoTeddy DupontJazzaferri