DjangoBooks.com

Nousche Rosenberg lessons at DC Music School

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Technique Posts: 2,161
Hello folks

Sorry to spam, but just wanted to let everyone know, that I produced a series of rhythm guitar lessons for Nousche Rosenberg and they're now available at DC Music School.

In this lesson series, Nousche shows all the rhythm patterns that he uses. We use two different camera angles and slow motion so you can carefully watch what he does. Swing rhythm, Gypsy Bossa, Gypsy Rhumba, Funk, Csardas, Bolero, etc.

In volume 2, Nousche plays through almost 50 songs to show you his favorite chord voicings.
In volume 3, Nousche rerecorded the rhythm parts to 20 legendary Rosenberg Trio recordings (original recordings not included) so you can see all the concepts explored in vol 1 and 2 appled in a real musical setting.
Very little processing is done to the guitar so you get to hear the instrument as it should really sound with all the extra noise.

PS: If anyone wants to ask Christiaan van Hemert what he thinks of all this, he'll tell you that I told him that I wouldn't pursue this project if it made him feel uncomfortable (even though, I didn't have to). But Christiaan is a super good friend of mine, and he was cool about it, as I am cool about him doing the Rosenberg Academy (I was the first to produce lessons for Stochelo). I only bring this up because I know that people have been asking him about me doing this.
altonScoredogBucot-birdbohemewarbler

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Great news, Denis. I had a second row centre seat at the Rosenberg Trio concert in Montreal a few years ago and spent the whole evening staring at Nous'che. It was like getting a master class in rhythm guitar.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Hehehe...and then there were those of us who took his rhythm class at DFNW in 2010? I think it was. Glad to see that Denis has it.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Sure excited to see this happen! He is the best!
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited December 2016 Posts: 462
    That sounds great Denis !!

There are so few dedicated rhythm guitar methods. Danny Gattob's 'Strictly Rhythm Guitar' stands out, as does our esteemed host's 'Gypsy Rhythm', someone also mentioned Barry Galbraith's comping book recently which is incredibly dense and would take years of study to really get (I am not there yet...). I would love to see more of this kind of thing and most importantly with real tunes and the real world choices of top players.

I think that if I could commision one book it might be notation only and Cha Limberg taking several routes through a dozen standards,..... pretty please ?

D.