DjangoBooks.com

My New Album, recorded in Paris, coming soon...with help

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Welcome Posts: 391
Hi all,

The week after Samois this year, I recorded an album in Paris with Mathieu Chatelain, Romain Vuillemin and Claudius Dupont. Suffice it to say, I felt pretty lucky that day. It's mostly compositions of mine, and a few standards. We recorded it at Studio LDC, a great little studio where lots of other GJ albums have been done. Anyway, so I'm putting it out soon, and am crowd funding the CD manufacture part of it (I've put a bunch of my own money into paying the band and getting the thing recorded, mixed and mastered already). This is really a pre-sales drive - not looking for or expecting charity, but if you think you might like it...

So, if you're interested, you can got to https://pozible.com/project/jon-delaney-paris and check it out. If crowdfunding doesn't float your boat, please feel free to ignore this, but if you're into the music, please do check out the page, and I'll love you forever!

I hope you all enjoy the video anyway. All the best,

Jon
Bob HoloBarkonatorHugh HuffakerDavid LawrenceBucoNejcPetrovrichter4208

Comments

• NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    Not trying to change the topic of this thread but do you have any plans for the future to release a solo album? I really enjoy your solo pieces you put on yt and I am really looking forward to hear more of your compositons!
    Wish you all the best with the crowd funding!
    Jon
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    @Nejc Thanks - I'm glad you like the solo stuff! I've recorded a few solo tunes for this album, but it's mostly with the band. I'd love to do a completely solo album. I did record one at home last year, but didn't release it, as I wasn't really happy with the recording quality.

It's really hard coming up with a good set list for a solo album too - making a varied programme that lasts over about 35 minutes is tough on acoustic guitar :) But yes, it's something I really want to do...maybe early next year! Thanks for listening!
    richter4208Nejc
    Jon did a great job on that album, not saying that because i'm part of the staff, but i think the compositions are great, and the album has its own spirit !! go check it out ;)
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Oh yeah. I missed that when you posted the message! I love that. From the very first notes the audience is taken. Nice melody and powerful swing. Really nice job
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Listening now, first track comes out swinging
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    The album is really good.

Now that I think of it, I never did schedule the lesson from the pozible campaign contribution. :#
    @juanderer, I emailed everybody a couple of times from that, but a couple didn't get back. Get in touch and let's line it up :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and @Romain Vuillemin, thanks so much for playing - you guys sound so good on it!

Jon
    juanderer
  • chrisdchrisd Perth, Australia Dell'Arte DG-RN1
    Is there anywhere to buy a digital version of this now?

Also, any progress with that solo idea? Would love to see that!
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited November 2017 Posts: 462
    Exciting times ! Your playing is bright and energetic as always Jon, I always look forward to you sharing.
    @chrisd Yep, it's available here both digitally and the other way https://jondelaney.bandcamp.com/album/paname

Not sure about the solo record - would still love to do it, but focussing on bass playing right at the moment, and it would take a lot of time. We'll see :)