DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

FranVac shaneb stylist

Gypsy Jazz Musicians In China

I just moved to China and I'm looking to jam with any local GJ players. I'm living in Shenzhen but I'm just a stones throw away from Hong Kong.
Tagged:

Comments

• Wim GlennWim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆModerator 503
    edited August 2016 Posts: 1,006
    Doug Martin should know the scene there pretty well, he lived (lives?) in China for some time. Contact -> Hot club of Beijing
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Favino, Favino
    Hi there! Yes I am in Beijing. There are not really many gypsy jazz pickers here in Beijing with the exception of my band basically. There are a few guys in Shanghai too. Other than that I have no idea either. I've been in China back and forth since 2003. There are really not that many GJ players but you never know. Every once and a while somebody pops up. I had a local guy contact me earlier this year for lessons. Dude shows up with a Vielle Reserve! In the South where you are, I really don't know of any.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    a pal of mine just moved to china for a year, he plays gypsy jazz clarinet and sings nicely too... not sure where he went, will find out...
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'