DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

pkather Kavika

Heavy gauge silk and steel strings: anybody tried 'em?

2»

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    I would think that the heaviest gauge you could use would be dictated on whether or not they can be inserted into the Selmer style tailpiece.
    HCQ
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,348
    But getting back to the original topic, I'll just share my experience with LaBella S & S strings.

A) I called LaBella and they sell strings in packaged sets only. So much for my original idea of buying individual strings to put together a heavy set.

B) I did buy a few sets of their intermediate gauge but that was a disappointment. The tone wasn't all,that different than my usual D'Addario intermediate gypsy strings.

But what WAS different was an overall stiffness that pretty much precluded string bending.
    I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.