DjangoBooks.com

Roland street and/or Roland Ac33

Has anybody here every used the roland street or the roland ac33 with a gipsy jazz guitar? any thought? I need some amplification, possibly with battery as well as usual power, something I could use either with one of my jazz electrics or my gipsy dell'arte. I am looking into ebay and your help would be really appreciated!

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    A friend uses the Roland Street with a SelMac guitar equipped with an AT-Pro 70 and a preamp of some sort. Volume seems good with a trio, 2 guitars and violin, tone was all right, but that could depend on the guitar. I didn't notice any feedback. The DV Mark Little Jazz looks intriguing, but doesn't run on batteries.
  • I used the Roland Cube Street for years. I kept it in the Instrument position and it worked out fine for a number of different mike and pickup setups for me on a regular gig for almost 8 years.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I had the roland cube street in paris, it worked great! And so cheap. Fantastic little product
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    I have been using my Roland AC 33 at small coffee shop jams with banjos, fiddles, mandolins, vocals, etc, just to get enough volume to prevent getting drowned out by the banjos, Nice tone and balance for guitar and vocal mic. also use a Para DI preamp to boost the signal on the guitar, as the built in pickup in my Dell Arte Homage is fairly low gain (not even sure what brand it is...maybe McIntyre?). Great to be able to use the batteries in the amp to keep the floor tidy and avoid people tripping over wires, plus it's VERY light. I have back problems and every ounce matters. Only source of amplification and it provides adequate volume, for guitar and vocals into separate channels and easy setup. Has a built in looper and chorus which I don't use. A touch of reverb can help depending on room. So far no feedback. I believe In Christophe and Rob's Top Ten YouTube videos on amplification, Christophe rated it number one, for pretty much the same reasons, plus relatively low price. Would be nice if they provided a gig bag, but I made my own out if an insulated lunch bag which fits perfect. They're nice and small for real world applications.

I also recently scored a Polytone Might Brute, which was the smallest amp they made before discontinuing production. Two 4" speakers, light and great, deep jazz tone. Gonna try it at one of these jams, but so far the Roland fits the bill.
    Swang on,