DjangoBooks.com

Is This Genuine?

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
in History Posts: 186
I just found this on YouTube. Is it for real? If it is, it's lovely!

SP

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Thanks for that, Bopster.

Sp
  • They sound like they have been sampling some earthly delights
    wim
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Gives a fresh perception of the composition. If you like tight vocal chords, this should do the trick.
    Wonder what, who, when?
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 88
    From this album (see attached image). Part of the complete Django Reinhardt collection "Intégrale Django Reinhardt".

Notes from the booklet about this tune:
    Jean SABLON (voc, p, commentaires/speech); Django REINHARDT (g, rires, paroles, eparsses/laughters, speech); Naguine REINHARDT (rires, paroles eparsses, chant a bouche fermee/laughters, speech, humming), 29/02/1936 (Jean Sablon's home, 168, boulevard Malescerbe, XVII eme arr. -Amateur recordings made on a "Soubitez" machine by J.S. himself).
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Thanks! Never heard this before.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    If anything it's proof that Naguine was also musical to some extent. :)
  • db5db5 New
    Thanks so much for posting. I've never heard this before. I enjoy it more than I can say! Sounds like it was a fun day at Sablon's house.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    The "Soubitez" was actually a wire recorder and that's why this sounds the way it does. And it was supposedly Naguine who actually taught the teenaged Matelot Ferret the chords to "Sugar" when they caught him listening at the keyhole to their hotel room.