DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2016

jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
in North America Posts: 73
Greetings. I know it has been a “long time, no hear” for most of you.
I’d like to engage in discussion on this year’s DjangoFest Northwest (DFNW 2016). I did see a thread about it on a forum last month, but thought it may deserve a new discussion thread.

First, who in the forum may be attending? Whomever has attended can please suggest a place for two couples, one with family, and so may be infant (1 year old) friendly accommodation for at least Wednesday-Sunday, possibly a few days before or after. Walking distance to the activities of course preferred.

Second, any comments about the atmosphere, not only for jamming events, but for these non-players in attendance? What are alternate evening social events for example that a non-playing spouse may enjoy besides listening to the music?

For those who don’t know me, I am Jim (Jimmy) Vence. Some of my Facebook friends are from past DIJ events I had attended. I’ve been playing over 40 years, though my adult life has featured stretches where I have little time to practice, let alone perform on guitar. This has been the case most of these past 18 months.

I am looking forward to re-introducing myself to Gypsy Jazz. My schedule won’t allow DIJ this year, but DFNW is possible.

Comments