DjangoBooks.com

Solo transcription - QHCF with clarinet

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426
Hi all
I love the version of QHCF with a clarinet and I have started to learn clarinet. And so I have begun to transcribe solos of Hubert Rostaing with Django. I especially like the 1947 recordings.
I started with Danse norvegienne. Since Ben Givan also transcribed the solo of Django, I added it to my transcription. I also added the theme so we have a full version of the score.

In the enclosed zip file, you have the scores in Bb for the clarinet players, in C for everybody (it may be fun as a guitarist to play the Rostaing solo instead of playing Django as expected) and the tabs of both solos in tuxguitar formats.

Feel free to share if you have some other Rostaing solos!!

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    PapsPier- thanks a lot for this, you've nicely transcribed Rostaing's solo - i'll only add as a suggestion that you might transpose the clarinet part down by one octave to more accurately represent how it might be written for Bb Soprano clarinet.

[ I have transcribed a few HR solos, I should post 'em up here... ]
  • Stef NäStef Nä Adk mts, nyNew B flat clarinet
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1
    Awesome! I'm lookin for a mt st Genevieve transcription, myself. I'll look through my stuff and see I can add anything useful to this thread
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    I have this link (not mine) for a lot of Bb heads for Django / GJ tunes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19110156/Bb Django_1_File.pdf
    edited October 2016 Posts: 600
    and i put some of my old Bb lead sheets here:
    http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/9693/bb-lead-sheets/p1
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks Andy