DjangoBooks.com

Denver Community Jam

Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
We are starting a monthly jam in Denver Colorado. The date of the first jam will be Thursday, February 11th at 7:30 PM. No other dates are scheduled yet because we hope to find out what dates/times work best with everyone in the future. For anyone new to gypsy jazz, we are going to throw together lead sheets for 30-40 standards, I will add a dropbox download link later in the week. My hope is that we can get at least one monthly weekday jam and a some late night weekend jams. We have a large room reserved in on the top floor of a condominium in Cap Hill. You will most likely need to buzz us on our cell phone so that we can let you in the front door. Here are the details:

address: 888 Logan St, Denver, CO 80203
contact cell phones: 303.564.1108 & 423.240.1399

If you have any questions about the jam feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 423.240.1399.

I hope everyone can come out!

Hugh
SwingHard

Comments

• nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    edited January 2016 Posts: 123
    Another useful source is the Django Fakebook if you don't already have it. It's our go-to resource for our group in Colorado Springs. We have several other tunes outside of the book as well but it's a great place to start.

gypsyguitar.de/downloads/gg-downloads/fakebook_django_2008.pdf
    Hugh Huffaker
  • SwingHardSwingHard Denver Altamira M30D Antique
    I'll definitely be there!! Looking forward to playing with new faces, and you too Aaron, it's been way to long!!
  • Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    Just a friendly reminder about the jam tomorrow - hope everyone can make it
  • Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    edited February 2016 Posts: 48
    Sorry to post in this thread again, I know it's probably annoying to have a thread going on about a local jam. However..... this is my last post about this issue. Last month's jam ended up being excellent so I threw together a quick website to help organize the jams going forward. If anyone is curious about jams in Denver they can at least find some information regarding dates, locations, etc.

http://www.gypsyjazzdenver.com

For now, we are going to meet once a month and if anyone else is hosting jams in Denver and wants dates added to this calendar I will be more than happy to add them. Additionally, I spoke with Carbon Beverage Cafe (formerly Paris on the Platte) and it sounds like they want to host a gypsy jazz night once a month.
    guitaruanomadgtr
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow Hugh - we are so glad to have you here in Denver - that is an incredible website in so many ways - functionally and aesthetically. Hope people get behind you.
  • guitaruaguitarua New Holo
    I'm new to GJ and fairly green but I'd love to make it!
  • Hey guys! March 3rd is in my calendar. Excited to make it over. And I agree with Aaron that website is kick ass.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016 Posts: 421
    @guitarua - you are new to GJ and playing a Holo?!?!? Or is that a wish list? Either way you don't mess around!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Aaron said...
    @guitarua - you are new to GJ and playing a Holo?!?!? Or is that a wish list? Either way you don't mess around!

my thoughts exactly

Holy "Holo" Batman!!!

:)>-

• guitaruaguitarua New Holo

Ha, I know, I know....i've been a professional musician for years and always wanted a nice gypsy guitar. When one popped up I happened to have money from an electric I just sold and I just put it right back into it. Tax write-offs are nice....
    Buco