DjangoBooks.com

NEW "Django remasters"

Comments

• AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016 Posts: 78
    @pickitjohn, @Buco, @Matteo - thanks for your notes on the Intégrale CD set - je viens de l'acheter! With a lot of help from Google Translate, a need that is embarrassing to the point of shame ...

@stuart - thanks for the reference to JSP - I have ordered "Renown & Resistance" and am saving for the rest.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my appreciation of the help you all give.

• Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    I want to add that this CD is also very good quality. It's a collection from the 1949-1950 sessions. It's as good as the Bluebird release IMO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0098F44QO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
    Buco
  • AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016 Posts: 78
    Well, mine arrived today, all the way to the coast of B.C. from France in what seemed like minutes. The recordings I have had time to listen to are beautifully, absolutely clear - they are a gift.

Has everyone who has the recordings downloaded the charts? I did ... and they look great ... but mine are oddly devoid of the "guitar boxes". I didn't see a separate download ... oh well. I'm always running across a new chord voicing I'd never thought of, and was looking forward to those.

Actually the recordings are so clear ~ somehow they have both made the lead parts clearer while also bringing out the details of the rhythm players, amazing work ~ that even a very young player, with a little dedication, could probably get very close to most of the chord voicings just with careful listening.

That probably sounds incredibly stupid to anyone more experienced with this music ... but I'm quite new to this style and am learning a lot, every day.
    wim
  • asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
    Hey @Appel

When you say you don't see the guitar boxes, do you mean you only see the chords and symbols?

Does it not look like the picture I attached?

Maybe whatever program you are using to view it isn't displaying the charts properly. Maybe try different pdf readers like adobe reader, microsoft edge, or google chrome?
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited February 2016 Posts: 393
    They haven't finished preparering the diagrams that will show the correct fingerings for the chords. They have promised to send an email to all customers when this document is ready for downloading.
    pickitjohn
  • AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    @asura and @Matteo , thank you for your replies - I have the "grilles" just exactly as shown in your post, asura - great choice of example, by the way ;-) - it's the chord fingerings that I was hoping to see, and it seems I'm not the only one who doesn't have those, and now we understand why.
  • asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
    @Appel :D noticed your name and picked that one just for you haha

And I didn't even realize the voicings were missing... something to look forward to!
    Appel
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Downloaded Files without the CHORD DIAGRAMS.
    Just received a email with updated Promo Code to get the NEW COMPLETED File however it would not accept the code.

Has anyone had any success yet?
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    pickitjohn wrote: »

Has anyone had any success yet?

Yes John it has worked OK for me - I followed the instructions as translated by Google (though I don't know why it confuses grilles with gorillas) and went through the "buy for 20€" procedure, introduced the code at checkout and received the link to the free file.

It appears to differ from the earlier version in that the grilles are organised per album (and not aggregated alphabetically as before) and at the end we have 7 pages of chord shapes. So we don't have chord voicings for each tune (something I was looking forward to ... but on reflection I guess that was unrealistic).

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    At last! Yes, it worked for me too. It will be interesting to see if there are any surprises there; if the rhythm guitarists in the Quintette might have fingered their chords in unusual or unexpected ways.