DjangoBooks.com

NEW "Django remasters"

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
The quintet fully remastered Ultimate ropes

Rather then Clog up the "Django in June 2016" Post it felt best to start a NEW DISCUSSION...

@Wim Glenn

Thanks for the heads up, Love to know more.
just going to repost your original post
For me Samy is the deal closer here. He's a great teacher and possesses a knowledge about Django's ideas, sound and style that runs deeper than most modern players. Yet, he doesn't let the Django style totally dominate his repertoire either, which is something often missing in the more traditional players.

At this moment I think it's a great time to get him too because he'll really be bursting with information and ideas to share, having recently finished the Django remasters - have you guys heard this set?? Much better audio quality than Integrale, you can really hear Django loud and clear! And he was working on a book of the charts with more correct hot club chords, hopefully when this is available the Django fakebook with all it's errors and inaccuracies will lay to rest. I guess Brad Brose can tell you more about that, he was helping on it.

All in all a really well rounded teacher and player. His English is OK but some grasp of French language will surely help the student here.

This Link provided by @Buco looks great, says

The purchase of the 8 CD box set gives you free access to download the accompanying grids and chord diagrams.

http://www.adf-bayardmusique.com/album1532-le-quintette-a-cordes-integrale-entierement-remasterisee

Has anyone heard the set and seen the Charts yet?

Would love to hear your reviews.

:)>-
Appel

Comments

• There are some samples there. It's sort of difficult to tell without comparing Integrale side by side, but they sound good on these little boxy work speakers.
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited January 2016 Posts: 393
    Yes I have the box, which I bought from Amazon in France. I haven't really looked into the "grilles" for the tunes. And the diagrams for the proper chord fingerings aren't available yet. The record label has promised to send out an email to the customers when they are ready for downloading.

And the sound? Well I can't really give any expert assessment here. I have an extremely minimalist stereo system at the moment, after having moved recently. It probably can't give these records justice at all. But I think it sounds good, more "natural". I can hear all instruments better. Yes, I do enjoy listening to these recordings once more.

Then again, I think very different sounding issues of this music can have a charm of their own. I also love the more "inside of a metal cookie box" kind of sound I get from records in an old LP box I have, played on a retro style travel grammophone! I don't know if I'm right, but I like to think that this may be similar to how the record buyers at the time heard this music. Django's guitar and Stéphane's violin really jumps out from the rhythm background and grabs you by the throat. The attack is almost frightening!

But in the long run, I find the new remastered CDs more enjoyable.
  • Are the new albums vinyl records? If so way cool.

Either way I will get a set.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    No, they are CDs.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,723
    I ordered it last night from French Amazon.
    How could you not? It's one of the best if not the best remaster.
    And after shipping it's 29 Euro, for 8 CDs!?
    Appel
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    I have the Django in Rome and Django on the Radio boxes from JSP. Is there more?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Wim Glenn said...
    hopefully when this is available the Django fakebook with all it's errors and inaccuracies will lay to rest

that would be great looking forward to see how this projects evolves. I'm wondering if the downloads will be available if you buy from Amazon.

Disponible en téléchargement,
    les grilles d’accompagnement de l’intégralité
    des morceaux de ce coffret

Line mise a jour incluant les diagrammes d’accords
    par guitare sera Bientôt Disponible en téléchargement

tous les clients ayant telecharge les grilles d’accompagnement
    seront informes par mail de la disponibilité de lamine a jour

Google Translation

Available for download ,
    the accompanying grid all
    pieces of this set

Line update including chord diagrams
    by guitar will be soon available for download

All customers who downloaded the accompanying grids
    will be informed by mail of the availability of scrap to date

:)>-
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    @Wim Glenn said...
    hopefully when this is available the Django fakebook with all it's errors and inaccuracies will lay to rest
    -

I attempted to complete a "fixed" fakebook, eliminating unnecessary tunes, adding tunes, changing poor chord changes, etc.. I took charts from a variety of sources but stuck with many of the Django Fakebook charts.

PM me for a dropbox link.

pickitjohnNone
    I'm wondering if the downloads will be available if you buy from Amazon.
    I bought the box from Amazon and was able to download the "grilles" for the tunes. If I remember correctly you go to the Label Ouest website and start the process of "buying" the downloads. At one point you get the chance to enter the secret code that's in the leaflet in the CD box and you are then able to do the download without paying. An email will be sent out when the chord diagrams are available.
    pickitjohnBucoBillDaCostaWilliamswim