DjangoBooks.com

Hungaria

13»

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Excellent - thanks for posting.
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    thanks to you @billwilliams

@Scoredog here is a sample of another video she made for me:

This one was supposed to be a little more "theoretical"...
    nomadgtrNylonDavepickitjohnScoredog
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Congratulations on another great vid.

Quite 'experimental', or maybe I mean 'playful'. Either way it was all to my taste.

D.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @LorenzoLeJazzHot

bello

lovely video setting and Great Playing

Cheers
    :-c
    @NylonDave but compared to last summer, I really look heavier now :(

@pickitjohn It's my uncle's terrace. You can see a nice view of Napoli.

Anyway, we are the only gypsy jazz band in my hometown (that counts 3 million people). Of course, there are musicians who like Django's music, and we have a good tradition of jazz players, but swing manouche still has to grow up here (even though there are very good players in the rest of Italy).
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited December 2015 Posts: 462
    I wouldn't worry too much about that Lorenzo.

But if it is getting you down maybe some of the older guys could help you, a lot of them are, from their profiles, trying to lose weight. Unless I have misunderstood the meaning of the word Diety....
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 Posts: 871
    I like the video and neat to see the different angles. I like the angle from the top where I can see the string vibrate. My touch is not as strong and my strings don't seem to vibrate that way. When I got together with Gonzalo his strings vibrated the same way as yours (I have a vid) so that was quite interesting. Your hand position seems to be similar to mine, Gonzalo's appeared to be more extreme with his wrist way out like when one plays rhythm.

As far as the weight thing it looks like you have nice hills around you, as a guy who has generally kept his weight down for many years and as Nylon Dave will probably attest to, getting on a bike and climbing is a great way to hold off weight but you risk becoming a hood ornament and if you fall, you often put out your hands first to save your head (probably a good instinct). That said it's worked for me (mountain bike riding avoids cars but has other perils). Then again you may do this already.
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    +1 on mountain biking. I like next to a National Forest so I can just bike from my house into a big playground. It's a great way to stay in shape and no traffic to navigate.
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Bòna jurnàta Lorenzo! sùngu 'nquietu: nun mange cchiù, nun duorme cchiù, Staje sempe ccá ccu chesta catarra e 'nnanti cu Hungaria, è do! chi t''o ffá fá?

Bellissimu!!!
    don't worry guys, I look heavier, but I'm still far away from being fat :P
    Thanks to @nomadgtr for the offer anyway!

@Scoredog so glad! Gonzalo is such an amazing guitarist. I have to say I've been working a lot on the right hand. More than on the left hand which still is a disaster.

@spatzo we we, parli un napoletano perfetto! dove hai imparato? Grazie assaje cumpà! :D
    Alberto