DjangoBooks.com

Hungaria

LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
Hello everybody, the video below is a test for my new guitar.
It's a JWC model Prima Jazz.

Hope you like the performance, I tried my very best. The song is Django's "Hungaria".

Any advice\question is more than welcome :)
My name is Lorenzo. I am 23, Italian, self-taught, unmarried.
AmundLauritzenNylonDavewoodamandopus20000pickitjohn

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Welcome aboard Lorenzo.

I enjoyed the performance.
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Great! And nice guitar too!
  • opus20000opus20000
    Excellent playing. People don't complement good players here much, I only see raves about famous players ....
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited December 2015 Posts: 462
    'Excellent playing. People don't complement good players here much, I only see raves about famous players'

Too true @opus20000 its as if people needed some authority figure to tell them what is true and what isn't. Like the allowed their idea of what was cool to overrule their ears. Which is kind of like holding the door open for sociopaths to lead them a merry dance.

It is probably the reason a lot of people don't bother uploading if they see a clique like this in place. But I will say that there seems to be more resistance on this foro to pied pipers than some of the others I have taken part in. Often after a few years it's just newbies and self publicists who trot out all the popular cliches because they know that a good story is easier to sell than hard work.

But all that aside I am feeling that my own praise of this track was a little faint and lazy.

So hats off to you Lornenzo !

D.

(and careful with the lightning video cuts)

• AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    It's very good!

There is a raw energy in the playing that is not so common anymore. For me, that is the most important and is the foundation for everything else.

I hope to hear more of your playing in the future.
  • I think people compliment playing here more often than not. Amund's ongoing progress thread from his studies at RA is a very good example. Maybe the issue is that there aren't that many posts of personal playing asking for critical feedback. At the time of my post, there have been 139 views of this thread.

Aside, Lorenzo's playing is pretty killer. Quality video and good sound.
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    Thanks everyone, I am flattered!

I have to confess that I am not really into social networks or forums, but I understand your point of view. I am pretty sure I will never reach the height of the great masters of this music. But sharing what I do (or just playing around) is the only chance I have to get in touch with other musicians, and to eventually learn something new. I think that's should be the spirit... unless you see it as a sort of "competition".

(Hope this means something, english it's not my forte :P )
  • I don't see it as a competition at all. If this is just playing around, then you are playing around at a pretty good level.
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Very, very good indeed!