Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Today's Birthdays

LEstes mntnmike zippy

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre 7:55PM

First Lang Tune?

Gene RaweGene Rawe ✭✭ Olivier Marin
I got to watch Matt Munisteri play at DFNW, one of my highlights the weekend! He played an Eddie Lang tune which I thought was amazing, but I didn't get the tune name. I was really impressed with how the chords and melody intertwined; how musical, interesting, and enjoyable it was to listen to. What would be a good first Lang tune to learn? Any good resources: web lessons etc, that are not already listed in the links section? Thx.

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Gene, I suspect you are talking about Lang's 1928 masterpiece "Rainbow Dreams"

Learning this would definitely be a challenge. It might be a bit easier to start with another solo piece, a waltz of similar style, "April Kisses"

I have the sheet music for both, which I would be happy to share with you... PM me.

Will
    I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.