DjangoBooks.com

Black and White- a chord question. Fm6/Ab?

HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Repertoire Posts: 308
Playing Black amnd White out of the Django Fake Book and I always hit the B section's Fm6/Ab and fumble. I am playing the the first variation seen here (attached). Or are you substituting another chord?

Comments

• Matt MitchellMatt Mitchell ✭✭✭
    You can leave out the note on the A string (d) and it's easier (4x353x)...or you can leave out both d's and just pay an F-/Ab (4x35xx).
    HotTinRoof
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Cheers Matt. Exactly what I was hoping for.
    will try this out stuart thank you. I was just finding my 1st chord above to be quite muddy at tempo - just not enough definition. tho it could be my playing. ;)
  • It is a useful process to listen carefully to the movement of the voices in the chord changes and come up with the voicing that you think goes with whatbis happening with the rest of the tune. After some years of doing this the availability of a number of different voicings for each chord can enhance ones rhythm playing.
    BucoHotTinRoof
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    thank you Jazz
    Posting this up here in case any future user stumbles upon this thread looking for the music.

Thank you again for the help guys.