DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Picking - One String Tremolo

2»

Comments

• Yes, there is definitely tension. What would be a good angle to show? If you hear, the pick definitely slips from time to time. It is all from the wrist, but it starts to feel tight. It's weird how there are days with my picking where it all feels good and then it all falls apart and it is all tension for weeks.
  • Scoredog wrote: »
    I think the Yankee's cap is slowing you down, I'd suggest the use of steroids seems to have helped A-Rod....
    your tremolo seems pretty good.
    I actually find it harder to play tremolo with a metronome as opposed to playing with a musical example.

Haha. The Yanks are my solace since the LA Kings broke my heart last year by beating the Rangers. Many of us don't like A-Rod, but we'll take the runs.

Yeah, I've gotten direction to try to use a metronome.

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    I find that tremolo picking chords - and not having it sound like "scratchscratchscratch" to be very difficult. I find single string tremolo fairly easy, as I grew up playing thrash and speed metal. Slayer songs are a lot of single string tremolo picking. For the most part in perfect time also. And damn, did I spend a lot of my teenage years learning their stuff. So there you go! Learn some Slayer!

OK, just kidding.
    How about this for a single string tremolo picking?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,730
    I recorded a video trying to demonstrate what I mean by minimizing the pick/string contact. I use the same technique whether I do single notes or a chord tremolo. I didn't compare my tremolo picking to anyone's else, it pretty much came to me with time including some heavy metal head banging in my earlier days, so I don't know if this technique is school correct but works for me.
    Hopefully it makes a little bit more sense and helps some.

'scuse the goofed up parts, I was recording with one eye and watching the sleeping baby monitor with the other.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel