DjangoBooks.com

leboncoin.fr

elropoelropo tampa bay, florida✭✭ Gitane D500 modified
just wondering if anyone besides ME has issues getting responses from guitar sellers on the "leboncoin.fr" website. i'm sure i'm doing something incorrect, but i've requested many times for a response concerning pricing, additional pics, possible shipping to the US, etc., etc. NOT ONE REPLY. There appears to be some very good deals (maybe too good?) on used GJ guitars.No? please chime in. thanks.
thanks,
ron

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Are you asking in French or in English? ;)
  • TseeBaengTseeBaeng Paris, France✭✭✭ Olivier Marin
    I'm selling my guitar on leboncoin if you're looking for a guitar elropo. Wim, you're location still says London, change it to my heart.
    JonT1mothyMichaelHorowitz
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Done!
    JonTseeBaeng
  • TseeBaengTseeBaeng Paris, France✭✭✭ Olivier Marin
    Hahahahaha well done man!
  • elropoelropo tampa bay, florida✭✭ Gitane D500 modified
    wim,
    that's an interesting question. in all my brilliant wisdom, i'm emailing in English and assuming (?) they'll translate. could be the magic bullet! thanks.
    thanks,
    ron
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    just type your email with a French accent, like zeese... ;)
    T1mothy
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    I have had some success there in the past, but I always communicate in French. I think though that it is meant to be a local classifieds listing for those who are not interested in the problems of safe insured shipping or dealing with Paypal or international bank transfers and possible scams. Most state they prefer to be paid cash with personal collection and ask buyers to communicate by phone
    . I guess there are many who can not be bothered with ebay and the associated time-wasters, scammers and extortionate fees.
    wim
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Very often the listing will say it's only postage or collection within France. I normally communicate in my worst French but even then will often get no response. You just gotta persevere.
    always learning
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I suspect it's a French version of kijiji, with only local pickup and cash transactions supported. At least with eBay you do get some protections.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    On this website (probably as with several private sell sites) there is quite a lot of scams: when you post an ad, you receive several proposals potentially coming from scams. So, most of people just discard the answers not coming from French people (and quite a lot of people doesnt speak correctly english...)
    wim