DjangoBooks.com

Guzz Series II pick-up

mysterious travellermysterious traveller Scotland UK Gitano DG-300
edited April 2015 in Classifieds Posts: 6
I have a Guzz series II acoustic pick-up for sale, as many of you will know it is an excellent pick-up but I have changed my set up and no longer need it. It has only been used at home so is as new. I am in the UK (Scotland) and would be looking for £190+ postage and packing. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• mysterious travellermysterious traveller Scotland UK Gitano DG-300
    An extra picture..
  • ya-honzaya-honza Kuala Lumpur✭✭ Colins Petite Bouche
    why are you selling? I'm really enjoying playing with mine
    mysterious traveller
    edited May 2015 Posts: 6
    ya-honza, really nothing to do with the pick-up it does sound great, but I felt I was losing a lot of the acoustic sound with the pick-up over the sound hole, I do prefer an almost acoustic sound using un under saddle pick up to lift the volume a little for lead work..but who knows, I may regret selling!
    Now sold.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I bought it, just tried it - first impression is excellent sound, great balance and - so far - a nice clean sound. Will try it through a tube amp tomorrow. Cheers Mysterious Traveller.
    Bucomysterious traveller
    always learning
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Great pickup, not a perfect string balance but very,very close. I've adjusted the clip and added some felt pads to raise it higher on the bass side. I've been playing it through a Fender Passport portable amp with a twin reverb model and I think it sounds excellent. I know some people have said it has a low output but I think it's pretty good. I measured the impedance and it comes in at 8.8k which although not "hot" is pretty respectable. All in all I think this is a really good pickup.
    Appelmysterious traveller
    always learning
    Really glad you are liking it crooked pinky-Best wishes.