DjangoBooks.com

Any fellow Gypsy Jazz Players in Dallas/Ft . Worth Area?

Tbone2006Tbone2006 New
edited March 2006 in Welcome Posts: 2
Hi fellow Gypsy Jazzers!

My name is Tom Richey and I have been playing guitar for 26 years and I have been playing Gypsy Jazz seriously for about a year. I know 15 or so songs but I am learning more. I have learned several of Django's solos and I continue to try to learn more.

I love the playing of Django, Fapy Lafertin, Stochelo Rosenberg, Angelo Debarre, Dorodo Schmitt, Jimmy Rosenberg, Charlie Christian and others

I also am interested in mainstream jazz George Benson, Charlie Parker etc

I mostly interested in Gypsy Jazz and American Swing from the 1930's and 1940's

In the past I played in several bands and studied Rock (Yngwie Malmsteen and Jimmy Page) as well as some mainstream jazz . I also studied classical guitar and bluegrass.

I am interested in finding other musicians in my area who play as a hobby or professionally. I know many musicians in the Austin Area who play this style but unfortunately it is to far to drive for a jam or a band rehearsal.

My dad is Slim Richey and he plays guitar in a group called the Jazz Pharoahs in Austin with another excellent guitarist named Dave Biller whom many of you already know of.

I have a Gitane- D-300 and I am serious about putting together a group
or just finding some good players to jam and exchange ideas with.
I am interested in meeting guitarists as well as bass and fiddle players who play this style and have a passion for it. You can Pm me or send me a email if you are interested or know someone who is.

my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->