DjangoBooks.com

Nashville guitar show this weekend!

Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
in Welcome Posts: 432
I'm hoping that somehow there will be some cool GJ guitars at the show! l But I'm not holding my breath...

Comments

• teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    About the same odds as Django on Hee Haw?
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Surprise! Played a 82 Favino and an early 60s Castellucia! Nice sounding instruments - and different from mine. I especially liked the Favino. Also found a Gitane DG-255 which was surprisingly good. I was surprised that the favino had the fret dot at the 9th fret and not 10th.
    Bucobopster
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    edited March 2015 Posts: 440
    I've been told that often when the French guitars were ordered by folks out side of France the dot was placed at the 9th fret because that is what was the request of the original owner.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    A small number of Favino guitars were imported into the USA either in the late 70s or early 80s by someone associated with the Wurlitzer company. The guitars were delivered in "white" condition and finished here, supposedly in the Wurlitzer plant. You'd think these guitars would have the dot at the 9th fret, but I don't know for sure. I never have been able to learn the facts about this anecdote.
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Interesting. This one the name on the headstock somewhat defaced.