DjangoBooks.com

Django in June

Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
in Welcome Posts: 432
So anyone here planning to go this year?

Comments

I'm planning but there are some things that could hold me up so not totally committed yet.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,457
    Probably won't be making DIJ again this year unfortunately. The line-up looks not quite as spectacular as last year, but it's great to see William Brunard is making a return
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    edited February 2015 Posts: 561
    Anthony
    wimglenn wrote: »
    The line-up looks not quite as spectacular as last year

Seriously ?? I was planning not to go at all until I saw that Joscho Stephan would be teaching, which changed my mind. Also Tcha and Rino are back, which means there may be a more fun party atmosphere out in the main common area. Last year, none of the "spectacular" teachers wanted to play/celebrate outside in the evenings like the year before when Tcha, Rino, et al were out there nightly.

I was NOT going to go again, but now I AM.

See you there!
    kevingcoxMattHenry
    My thoughts exactly.
    And RP quartet are not slouches either.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Definitely!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,738
    anthon_74 wrote: »
    Last year, none of the "spectacular" teachers wanted to play/celebrate outside in the evenings like the year before when Tcha, Rino, et al were out there nightly.

I was NOT going to go again, but now I AM.

See you there!

Oh man, 2013, all the guys were playing all over the place all the time. I was jamming with a friend, Rino was walking by and I said "Rino would you play my guitar, I wanna hear how it sounds in your hands". He sat down, lit up a cigarette, noodled for a while and and then we played a tune and he walked away. How crazy cool is that?!
    Maybe my favorite part of it were all these little jams, you could get your own private show on some porch or on a hidden patch of a lawn and then late night jams, ohhh...
    Shemi
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    I think part if the situation last year was that DDLH had to rehearse all the time since Sebastien G. had to learn all of Benoit's parts for the concert. There were some great late night happenings, though, one of my favourite being a crazy duet between William Brunard (bass) and Aurelien Trigo (violin). They were going nuts, it was awesome!
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Yes I heard about that. It also led to a thursday L3 and L4 class snafu that had more than a few of us sitting in a room where nobody showed to teach, and ending up searching around to find a class.
    I get that it was necessary, AND I'm excited that this year we will have Rino and Tcha back, who were out playing almost every night 2 years ago (except for one night when Rino was, as he put it , "tired", but he was still out there socializing.)
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    edited February 2015 Posts: 298
    Yeah I sat in one of those classes with you wondering if it would ever start, and it never did.

Hearing Rino play from across the quad is pure magic. His phrasing has a way of grabbing your ear and making you drop everything to go listen.

I hope Sergiu Popa can make it back again, one night Tcha was trying to go to bed and every time he got up Sergiu would whip out another "gypsy" song that would make him sit down and play. Awesome memories.
    Buco
  • Pompe_ojisanPompe_ojisan Tokyo✭✭ Rino van Hooijdonk
    Just signed in.
    Can't wait till then
    Buco