DjangoBooks.com

anything going on in NY Wed-Sun?

edited February 2015 in North America Posts: 4,730
Will be visiting, does anyone know if I can catch a live show while I'm there?
Wrembel maybe? Oli?
I'll search but figured someone might know.
Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Comments

• Generally,

Stephane's jam in Jersey City on Wednesday. Very easy to get to from NYC (PM me if you want details and you know where you are staying).
    Alex Simon's jam on Thursday in Brooklyn
    My band in JC on Thursday
    Radegast Biergarten on Friday night (6pm on) - usually a band
    Stephane at Fada in Brooklyn on Saturday night 8-11pm
    Mary's Jam on Sunday night 6pm on at the Grey Lady
    Stephane at Barbes Sunday night 8ish on.

These are the things that typically happen. There are usually folks playing all over the place and post them on a facebook GJ page.

If you are on Facebook, friend me and I'll invite you into each group. Just look for my name. If not, PM me and I'll send you locations, links, addresses, etc.

Jim
    Wow didn't expect to have to choose, this is nice!
    Not on Facebook.
    I know I'm someplace close to Central Park near 59th on Wed Thu and then staying with friends in Brooklyn Fri and Sat. Will be planning to see Stephane on Sat, that sounds perfect. Would like to see your band too depending on my lady's plans, she's got work thing.

Thanks Jim!
    Thanks to Jim I saw Koran Agan play today at the Radegast beer hall.

I felt like some some years ago when I first saw Gonzalo live and wondered to myself "how the hell I never heard of this guy before?!".
    Not that Koran needs to be compared with with any of the top guys.
    He's there standing shoulder to shoulder with the best of them. I only hope he will receive a widespread recognition, if there is such a thing in this pocket of music, and become a name that needs no introduction.
    His modern approach to Django standards are both refreshing and and inspired. His tone is the model for anyone to aspire to.

Thanks for a great tip Jim!
    It couldn't have been better highlight of my trip.
  • swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    You missed a hell of a show last minute tonight at Grey Lady. Mary was out of town and the subs were Koran Agan, Olli Sokkelli and myself on rhythm. Hope to catch you next time.
    Ahh crap.
    But I really enjoyed my plane being late last night while the guy next to me was pounding a bag of chocolate candy like possessed, clearly high on something.
    Next time hopefully.