DjangoBooks.com

Paris Swing 39

teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
in Welcome Posts: 27
I played a Paris Swing 39 last night, real nice. I thought the bridge looked like it was after market but it was stock. Unlike some other Asian imports I've tried, the bridge wasn't completely flat across the top and had feet. I'm still researching, trying to stay in the $500.00-$800.00 range,.... For now.

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited December 2014 Posts: 936
    @teletodd welcome

As a suggestion and if it is still available you may consider @Chiefbigeasy
    post for a much much better Guitar and at a GREAT PRICE...

Altamira M10D in mint condition for sale...

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/13722/altamira-m10d-in-mint-condition-for-sale#latest

:peace:
  • teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    Saw that but I already have a grande bouche.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    My first GJ guitar was a Gitane DG-255 and it was a pretty decent guitar, looked nice, great action, straight neck, OK sound except for the annoying overtones. I had a chance to pick up a used Paris Swing GG-39 @ $300 as a travel guitar. It didn't quite have the same build quality, the nut appears to be a little crooked, rosewood fretboard and bridge instead of ebony, but it does have a DR tailpiece and Grover tuners and a much chunkier neck. More importantly, it has a much better sound without the annoying overtones. From their web site: "has the snap and quick decay players want", and it does across the neck. It may not be quite as loud as my old Gitane, but it can be heard in a jam session. After buying the Paris Swing, the Gitane went into the case and never came out till I sold it. One thing of note, the Paris Swing is a little bigger than the Gitane (approximately 16 1/8 at the lower bout and 4 1/8 deep) and is not quite as comfortable to play in a long practice session.
  • teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    The top is Engelmann spruce, which may get louder over time. I haven't seen other GJ guitars made with Engelmann, which I think is similar in tone to German spruce.