DjangoBooks.com

replacement machine heads for altameria m10d

Hi guys..

wondering if anyone can help me.. i have a altameria m10d and have had an accident . to cut a long story short , the plastic tuning pegs have all broken on one side and i need to replace the machine heads total now.. can anyone advise which machine heads are going to be best, i did plan on replacing these at some point because they always seemed to be the part of the guitar that let it down. . ., i have no idea if these are a standard size.. i plan to fit these my self,, I'm cabinet maker and so work with wood a lot etc but it there a set procedure to go thought. ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Mungo

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Mungo Perkins
    Sorry about your mishap. I put Saga Gitane Deluxe Tuners worked fine their about $90.00 from Michael.

http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/saga_gitane_deluxe_tuners

You can always go up from there.
    http://www.djangobooks.com/Category/tuners

I think you'll be happy for the step up from the Altamira m10d tuners. I still have the ones I took off my Altamira M01D you can have for $20.00, PM me if you want them.

There was also a set of the Saga Tuners in Classified a week ago not sure if their still available I believe they were new unused and $60.00.

:peace:
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    I own an alta Mira M01 that came with the butt ugly tuners. I replaced them with schaller gold tuners, $150 for the tuners, and another $50 for installation (you can't do it yourself because they have a wider "male" connector than the stock tuners).
    It looks very cool (like classic django), though now they have the silver ones which are even more like the old school selmer tuners.
    It's a bit pricey, but worth it if you can "swing" it. (pardon the pun).

Anthony
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Stewmac.com carries tuning machines for slotted head guitars as well as tuner parts, knobs, screws, bushings, etc. for reasonable prices. Of course, I'd check with StewMac or your luthier to make sure they fit a selmac guitar properly. The Grover 18:1 Sta-Tites look like the ones on my Paris Swing guitar and they work great @ $41.11.