Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

JulianaVZH stilljazzing

Who's Online (1)

• Lango-Django 11:49PM

Aylward Petite Bouche Value??

jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
I played the Aylward (appears to be 5-10 years old) petite bouche again this T'giving and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. It is a consignment item and has been in the shop over a year, probably 8.5 on a 10 condition scale, with a case, clear pickguard and big tone pick up. It has a couple of dings on the bottom, some small marks on the spruce top, a possible 1" grain very minor separation (crack) near the tail piece, a little fret wear, sounds quite nice with a good neck. I'm not sure what kind of tail piece or tuners, but they look pretty good. If anybody knows what Rob is using, I would appreciate knowing. Asking price is $2500 + 8% tax. Personally, I don't think the condition nor my ability level merits that kind of price. I'm thinking of an offer somewhere around $1600 + tax. Does anybody have any thoughts on the value of the guitar? I know it is difficult to estimate sight unseen, but any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• To be honest Rob Aylward is the best kept secret in Selmer building. His reputation is for taking his time but producing a fantastic piece. Waiting times of 18-24 months seem to be the norm but the quality is up there with Holo and Hahl. A player/ Luthier put me on to Rob some years ago saying he wanted an Aylward because of the quality - And thats coming from a guy who builds them! Price wise these things are very affordable, if you have the patience to wait, so if you have an off the shelf chance grab it. I have a sneeking feeling that Aylward guitars will become very collectable very soon.
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    this guitar built by Mr Aylward sounds awsome to my ears
  • terrassierterrassier France AJL 503 XO
    Tim has a great touch :)