DjangoBooks.com

New Lessons available

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited September 2014 in Technique Posts: 2,161
Hi folks! Once again sorry for spamming!!!!

But i'm happy to announce that my new lessons are now available! Whether they're the best out there is not for me to judge, but I am quite proud of these.

Here are a few clips

If you got the GJ lessons via Robin Nolan, his team emailed me to tell me they would send me your contact info by tuesday. I didn't think i'd release these videos this soon since i didn't even film them a month ago, but some personal family emergency came up and i have to travel extensively for the next month.. i basically worked 12-14 hours a day for two weeks to get these done!!!

the lessons are available here www.dc-musicschool.com

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @dennis

Thanks for the non FACEBOOK upload

Looks great, nice work.

Hope all works out well with your family care, safe travels.

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i will post more clips tomorrow! i hope you guys enjoy the lessons :-)
    kevingcox
  • Thanks for the updated lessons, Denis. I was able to get both rhythm lessons and watched most of Volume 1 and some of Volume 2 last night. Rhythm guitar is the foundation of this music and this set of videos is worth paying attention to.
    In Volume 1, Denis speaks to mechanics of many of the rhythms we I would recommend starting from the beginning and paying attention to the introduction. There were many nuggets of information here that are worth hearing again. The singular lessons that follow give a great detail to the mechanics that are involved at getting a good sound. Ultimately, I think that's what this series is about...getting a good sound and consistently doing so. And yes, there is a section devoted to the elusive upstroke that is explained pretty well.
    Volume 2 speaks more to working with other musicians and there is a lot of very good advice. I would suggest spending some time with the sections devoted to ensemble playing, which is where many of beginning and intermediate players will have a lot of trouble, especially in jam sessions.

We're lucky to have a great teacher put this videos out and to update his already great series on this style. I plan on buying the other two videos and look forward to what others have to say about these.
    Buco
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @dennis

O. M. G. I'm blown away!

So Generous with what you have put together.

$25.00 a section is a GIVE AWAY PRICE

I know taking lessons in person is best, however very costly. There is so much information, I can go back and review anytime I like.
    As @JimKaznosky said...
    We're lucky to have a great teacher put this videos out and to update his already great series on this style.

I watched both volumes any must say "There is so much real experience, and years of honing your musical skills, that you share so well with an openness that is often missing in the GYPSY JAZZ DOGMA CLUB.

Look forward to the practice and application of this Brilliant Series

Just pick this up, you'll be Glad you did. :-bd

pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
    Thanks so much guys ! here two other clips on youtube!

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Is the bear for hire?
    edited September 2014 Posts: 2,161
    The bear is unfortunately not for hire… his mom is very strict with him.. i got in trouble for leaving him in the studio overnight…

anyway here are a few new clips

i'm particularly proud of the lesson on improv:

and here's another from the technique lesson

• jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    Also liking the one on Improv. Well done sir.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Beautiful. Is the entire lesson for sale yet? I'm really looking forward to it.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."