DjangoBooks.com

What does Stochelo play now?

Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
in Welcome Posts: 432
So he played a Favino on "Live at North Sea Jazz". Played Selmer 504 (still has it I guess). Then Eimers (which he endorsed). I heard he also had a Barault? Now playing a Hahl? Does he keep a lot of guitars or just keep trading around? Is he still endorsing Eimers?

Comments

• potzblitzpotzblitz
    His contract with Eimers ended. Stefan Hahl was very proud that Stochelo played his brand new Hahl guitar on closing night at Samois this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7hg-jUz3MQ
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Charles...Stochelo now plays a Hahl. In fact, I have his signature model Hahl Gitano de Luxe guitar coming in soon: http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/stefan-hahl-de-luxe-gitano-special
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    nice description michael, i ve tried a few hahls, and was always stunned by how freakishly easy they were to play... it practically plays itself!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Charles, he sold Selmer #504 maybe three years ago.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 2,159
    504 is in the USA!!! who has it?! i 'm told that when the client went to pick it up, he didn't evne try the guitar, just grabbed the case and went!!!! i hope someone's playing it!!!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Me too! It should be played. If I had known it was going to sell as cheap as it did, I would have bought it myself. At least then it would have been available for good players to play and record on. I stupidly assumed it would sell for waaaaaaaay more than it did.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Wow. How much? - Yes I'd would love to have had a crack at that one. I remember when Adam Steffey sold his Apitius mandolin on ebay - the one he used on all of Allison Krauss' albums. I didn't know until it was over. :(
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    edited August 2014 Posts: 542
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Charles, someone already put the Stochelo model Hahl on hold. But I do have a very similar model which is Bireli's signature Hahl: http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/stefan-hahl-de-luxe-gitano-nuages

The Stochelo model was $13,500 and the Bireli model will be listed at $13,250.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Had the pleasure of meeting Stochelo's Barault last year. I made a couple of quick videos for myself, just so I could remember what the guitar sounded like. In hindsight I wish I had actually recorded a proper tune instead of just noodling around, but I wasn't thinking of sharing the videos it was more of a "dear diary" :)
    So excuse the scruffy beard and rubbish playing .. also this being summer in south of France, the sound of insects was inescapable. But you can still hear the guitar quite clearly. She was well overdue for a string change, there was an ancient set of Galli's on there coated with a ton of hedgehog sweat

AmundLauritzenMehran sMatteoterrassier