DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (3)

• Buco 9:02AM
  • jonpowl 9:02AM
  • MichaelHorowitz 9:02AM

Today's Birthdays

NorthSeaJazzClub jared

Gypsy Jazz at Yoshi's in Oakland, CA in August

jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
in North America Posts: 522
Aug. 7 Hot Club of Detroit
Aug. 19 Hot Club of San Francisco
Aug. 20 John Jorgenson Quintet (w/ Jason Anick and Simon Planting)

Related Discussions

Discussion Starter Forum R / V Latest
Angelo, Samson & Florin at Yoshi's in San Fran...gig inAny chance anyone here can pull some strings to get these chaps to do a gig in the Pacific NW while there on the West Coast..I mean they're already o… Phil North America 1 / 3.1K Phil on July 2005
Anouman: My Gypsy Jazz combo in Oakland, CAAnouman: Gypsy Jazz from Oakland, California. We just updated our site with full tracks from our EP. Enjoy: [url=http://www.anouman.net/]http://www… V-dub Welcome 2 / 746 Jonny on February 2006
Gypsy jazz players in norway interested in jamming?Hi, and to get straight to the point. I'm interested in hooking up with a fellow guitar player(s) in around Oslo to do some gypsy jazz playing with. … kantor1003 Europe 2 / 87 kantor1003 on April 23
What's the role of Electric Guitar in Gypsy Jazz?Wow -- I just caught up on my reading in the "history" section of Ted's thread, "Gypsy Jazz or Gypsies Playing Jazz" (I've been pulled away with othe… Archtop Eddy Archtop Eddy's Corner 14 / 6.8K djangology on April 2005
Germany's role in gypsy jazzzz Matt Mitchell Welcome 4 / 956 CalebFSU on July 2007
Gypsy Jazz trio Tweed at Gulu-Gulu Café in Salem, Sat. Mar 8Catch Tim Weed on violin, and Jack Soref and Shohei Toyoda on guitars at the Gulu-Gulu cafe. Great atmosphere, good food/drinks, and a lively crowd. … robertsaunders North America 1 / 494 robertsaunders on March 2008
HOT CLUB CARAVAN THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AT BRANDT'S IN S. LOUISReknown St. Louis gipsy jazz ensemble HOT CLUB CARAVAN featuring harmonica player extraordinaire Sandy Weltman, Gary Hunt on lead Maurice Dupont guit… leguitariste Welcome 1 / 524 leguitariste on August 2008
Gypsy guitars in non-gypsy jazz Movies!....I'm watching this movie "Momma's Man" 2008 set in New York and up pops an old Saga Gitane D-500 with the dark satin brown/orange finish, large D … B25Gib Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 3 / 883 B25Gib on November 2009
Gypsy Jazz and Jazz Clubs in DenverHi everybody, I am going to Denver at the beginning of Dicember. I was wondering if someone knows about some places to listen to gypasy jazz and go… jjbravco North America 3 / 765 jjbravco on November 2011
Universities in France for postgraduate study in Gyspy JazzHi all, I'm about to complete a Bachelor of Music at the Conservatorium of Music, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I am thinking of moving to France fo… harrye Europe 2 / 843 harrye on August 2012
Gypsy jazz instructor in the S.F.bay area?Hello,does anybody know of a good gypsy jazz guitar teacher in the San Francisco bay area?I live in the north bay and am willing to travel. Thanks. ihscout Gypsy Jazz 101 9 / 1.8K anthon_74 on October 2012
Gypsy Jazz Festival in New England: August 18th, 2013Here's some info on a fun and exciting Gypsy Jazz Festival happening on August 18th in central Maine. I've attended for the past 3 years and always h… chultzee North America 1 / 299 chultzee on August 2013
Gypsy Guitar Setup Technician in East Bay (Oakland, CA)Hello, I just officially registered with the forum, though I have been reading the posts for a little while now. I recently purchased a used Dupont … jdittmer Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 9 / 1.2K jdittmer on October 2013
Gypsy Jazz Show at Yoshi's San FranciscoHi everybody, we would like to spread the word about a cool Gypsy Jazz event that will take place at the renowned Yoshi's San Francisco club on Novem… istringtrio North America 1 / 244 istringtrio on November 2013
Gypsy Jazz Show at Yoshi's San FranciscoHi everybody, we would like to spread the word about a cool Gypsy Jazz event that will take place in San Francisco club on November 27, 2013. Join th… istringtrio Welcome 3 / 445 Bob Holo on November 2013
New resources up at at Django in June's "Get Ready Musically" pageHi Folks: I recently uploaded a bunch of new material to Django in June's "Get Ready Musically" pages. The primary purpose this serves is to create … andoatagn Repertoire 1 / 437 Bones on April 2014
Gypsy Jazz Show 7/24 In Felton, CA (Santa Cruz County)Hot Club of Baltimore w/Alexis Tantau and The Jimmy Grant Ensemble. 7pm concert, 7/24 at Don Quixote's in Felton, $12/15. http://www.donquixotesmusic… jonpowl North America 1 / 202 jonpowl on July 2016
Gypsy Jazz Seminar in Hollywood Ca. Dec 10th 2016https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31773631/Gypsy%20Jazz%20Seminar.pdf Who this is for... Intermediate to advanced blues, rock and jazz playe… Scoredog Technique 1 / 215 Scoredog on November 2016
Django-inspired Gypsy Jazz at the Blue Note in NYC on Monday, March 5If you like Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grapelli, you’re going to love The Showdown Kids. I heard them back in December and they were AMAZING! Ch… JazzPianoWoman North America 0 / 136 JazzPianoWoman on February 2018
gypsy jazz in western montanai have a duo with a friend (mandolin and guitar) heavily influenced by django and the hot club. we play once or twice a month at a restaurant called … rosett North America 2 / 1K Bob Holo on January 2005

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
    Just in: The John Jorgenson Quintet will be playing Aug. 21 in Grass Valley, CA and Aug. 22 right here in Santa Cruz, CA at Kuumbwa Jazz.