DjangoBooks.com

Hello from Perú!

renzokrenzok Perú✭✭ Geronimo Mateos Audrey
in Welcome Posts: 26
Hi, just want to say that I'm a big fan of this site, I've learned a lot from the discussions of the forum so thank you guys.
I recently purchased a Gypsy Jazz Wegen pick from the site, and I'm next to buying a Mateos model "audrey" if any of you have any input of this model please share.
Unfortunately very few people around here play gypsy jazz so I hope that maybe someone from Lima Perú see this post and we can get in touch.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Renzo
Ryan Rhea

Comments

• AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! There are fans of this style scattered all over the globe. Why couldn't we all happen to live in close proximity? It's far between players where I live too, so I guess it's the same for most of us: practice relentlessly and go to Samois to play with others.

Good luck in your jazz manouche journey. Hope you stick around, this is mostly a very pleasant place with nice, encouraging people :)
  • Yes indeed ..... welcome to the group. You will find people here very helpful and there are some very knowledgable people that post here.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • renzokrenzok Perú✭✭ Geronimo Mateos Audrey
    thanks for the advice guys, didn't know this problem was so common even in France. Hope to see you all someday in Samois or Django in June. For the moment i will have to be pioneer so I'll start looking for musicians. If by any chance any of you come to Perú let me know, will be nice to have some djangophiles here!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    geez! thats so cool! thanks for the info dennis I had no idea, definitely gonna check him out, I hope he comes back for holidays or something !
  • hotclubdebramptonhotclubdebrampton Brampton, Ontario - Canada✭✭
    Saludos Renzo,
    I'm also from Perú, living in Canada. Next time I visit Lima, let's run some tunes :)
    Cheers!
    Let me know buddy!

Saludos!