DjangoBooks.com

Vit Cach guitars

Hello,

I'll give some actuality to an old post of Wim Glenn (of 5th of february), about antiqued Selmer copies. In this post, Wim talks about czech luthier Vit Cach. He says that Cach "makes some pretty decent antiqued look instruments too". And that he can't find any website of him.

I know Vit Cach. He makes excellent guitars! With a refined antiqued look. And a fat dark powerful old fashioned sound!

Vit_Cach_26_01.jpg

Vit_Cach_26_02.jpg

Vit_Cach_26_03.jpg

Vit_Cach_26_05.jpg

Vit_Cach_26_04.jpg

Vit_Cach_26_06.jpg

I met him in Django Memorial in Augsburg 2014 (in Germany), and played longly his guitars: they really sound great!

Samson and Dorado Schmidt also played his guitars there, and were much impressed by them (here playing a small hole and a D hole model:

Personnally, I was so impressed by the powerful and old fashioned "vintage" sound - and also by the refined antiqued look - of these instruments that I bought one of them! Here is this gorgeous one: benoit-de-bretagne.com/forum//viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13278 (hmm, sorry, it's all in french...)

And here is the way it sounds (in my kitchen!). It is magic: it has been built in 2014, but it sounds like a 60 years old guitar!:

guitarejazzmanouche.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30384&p=338012#p338012

Vit Cach has now a FaceBook page; here it is: https://facebook.com/cachguitars
He will be in Samois this year, with some of his guitars (in Samoreau camping). Worth the visit!
Mehran s

Comments

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    You play real sweet!
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    Thank you Jeff! Happy that you enjoy this little sample. Let's also say I have been helped by the guitar: it's a pretty great instrument, and I really do love its gorgeous vintage sound!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited June 2014 Posts: 936
    @pa_t

Great sounding and looking guitar, Thanks for the update and info on Vit Cach. I enjoyed going to your youtube page and checking out all your Video's nice assortment of guitar's you've had.

Enjoyed your playing and pick on

pickitjohn :peace:
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    Thank you John. I really think that Vit Cach guitars should be better known.

Regarding the short video samples on my YouTube page, they show some gypsy jazz guitars that I own, or that I have owned. I thought these little samples could allow comparisons; and therefore be interesting. Happy that you enjoyed it!
    pickitjohn
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    How nice to see this. His guitars sounded good and the man deserves some recognition, what he had to show at Samoreau sounded better than anything I tried on the island at Samois (2013) and I will look forward to see whats new this week coming :) Thanks for the video
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited June 2014 Posts: 936
    @pa_t

Glad you put this up. Wish I could get to try one of his Guitars, especially after @Wim Glenn imput he's had and played lot's of great Guitars…
    His guitars sounded good and the man deserves some recognition, what he had to show at Samoreau sounded better than anything I tried on the island at Samois (2013) and I will look forward to see whats new this week coming

Wim let us know what you find there please.

I went to the French web site and used translator.

Pictures there were wonderful best antiqued finish I've seen. GORGEOUS

I want one.

BTW what is the guitar pictured on your Aviator page

pick on

some how the picture never made the post

guitar from @pa_t Aviator page…

• pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    @pa_t
    BTW what is the guitar pictured on your Aviator page

This guitar is an old Antoine di Mauro, a Saint Louis Blues model, probably made in the end of the 40ies or in the beginning of the 50ies:

DI%20MAURO%20Saint-Louis%20Blues%20PAT%20light.jpg
    It has been played a lot up to 1961, and was not used anymore from 1962 to... 2011!
    A kind of Sleeping Beauty...
    Glad you decided to kiss her back to LIFE.

didn't see her on your youtube page.

SCORE

pick on

• pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    As I announced it - in june - in my post dedicated to Vit Cach, this young luthier was in Samois (in Samoreau) with some of his guitars.

Here is one of them played by Jordan Weiss:

It sounds fine (and, of course, the Jordan Weiss also!)