DjangoBooks.com

Django's Selmer

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited June 2014 Posts: 936
    HEY @spatzo...
    Great post all of them...

Just the kind of response I was HOPING for

Actually I never expected such GREAT DETAIL

Thanks

Pick on

pickitjohn
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    That is one of the stories I had heard (although in much less detail than research maestro Spatzo provided :bow:) and it does make sense as Les Paul did help Naguine financially after Django died. However, I do wonder about these guitars that apparently belonged to Django which Naguine and Babik handed out after his death. The only Selmer we see him playing for certain over the last 4/5 years of his life is the 503 so you can't help but wonder if Django ever really owned the Les Paul one or Naguine just produced it from one of the Selmers that the "cousins" had lying around.

We were originally told all Django possessions were burnt after he died which obviously turned out not to be true and we have a photo of Joseph putting an odd looking one on Django coffin. 8-}

Now what about the one that Delaunay took to America Spatzo? Why has no one claimed ownership of that as far as I know.
    wim
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    If I remember, the guitar on Django's coffin was an f-hole "Chorus", maker unknown.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • GreAt story. One of the reasons I sooo love this site.
    pickitjohn
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    I agree with Teddy and I personnaly also do think that probably the Selmer was a "cousins'" one but who knows maybe the Master touched it a few seconds and certainly had a look at it so...

Here's another Mawah Museum photo
    Buco
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Let us see the sticker left by John Monteleone on the guitar
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited June 2014 Posts: 768
    A closer look at the original tuners
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    All those photos belong to Mike Kupfer of Mawah Museum that did a great unexpected job working them out with his personal camera
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    The other side...
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    The Museum announcement now
    wimBuco