DjangoBooks.com

Recommended EQ Pedal for piezo pickup

ya-honzaya-honza Kuala Lumpur✭✭ Colins Petite Bouche
Hey, long time viewer here but first post

No doubt mentioned before but can I get some suggestions for a decent graphic EQ pedal to use with piezo pickup? I'm using a Tonebone PZ-Pre to blend my AT clip-on but the piezo needs some fairly drastic cuts on the mids and don't want to eq the mic (onboard EQ affects both inputs).

The 10 band MXR looks nice but maybe overkill and not sure i want another powered device

Cheers

Mike
https://www.facebook.com/DoucheManouche

Comments

I used a Fishman platinum eq pro, It works well.
    Welcome.

Buco
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ya-honzaya-honza Kuala Lumpur✭✭ Colins Petite Bouche
    Ah ok, my double bass player actually uses the same on his bass
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I use to have the Baggs Venue, and found it really great no matter the situation, piezzo, magnetic... Fishmans' are great products, I am sure it's great as well.
    - JG
    ya-honza wrote: »
    Ah ok, my double bass player actually uses the same on his bass
    Huh ours too. Go with the bass player, they know the best, they are the foundation. But really it's a good piece; you can boost the signal, battery last a long time has a good range of eq and the notch/filter really works to kill the feedback. And it's so solidly made it'll last ages.

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I used to use a Boss EQ that worked pretty good for boosting up during solos or shaping a good rhythm sound. Now I use a Baggs Venue that's more transparent but costs 3x as much
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    I use this Headway Pre. Phase switch, notch with band width control, 2 channels for blending signals. It is more costly.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    +1 on the Boss Graphic EQ,. Had one for a while when I was playing out and it worked good. Just needed to boost the signal and dial in, or cut back frequencies. The fewer knobs and switches the better. If you're on a gig, you don't want to spend any extra time setting up and twisting knobs. I used to put on little bits of tape to show the settings on my pedals. Having said that, I bought a used Baggs Para DI, only because it was a fantastic deal and the pickup in my Dell Arte is very low gain. Had to phone Baggs to order a small part and the were GREAT to deal with. Very impressed. The Para Acoustic DI seems like a good, rugged piece that's tailor made to control and enhance your acoustc guitar, especially if it doesn't have all that onboard junk. Mi dos centavos.
    Swang on,
    pickitjohn
    @bopster never heard of this preamp, you have some neat gear, thanks for bringing it up.
  • Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops
    I have the Baggs Venue too. I really like it. The tuner and boost switch are useful.
    Keith