Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

SStopford rstraw

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

  • DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre 9:29PM

Eastman Gypsy Guitars Coming

1235715

Comments

  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    McQ wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of concern from Tommy at djangoguitars that these are just the same guitars off the line that Paris Swing is using. Says the guitars are nearly identical. Find it hard to believe Eastman would do that though

    Woah. I took a look at djangoguitars website, facebook, instagram, and didn't see anything like this. Where is he saying it, or where are you seeing this concern being expressed?

    It was in a thread somewhere online. Photos comparing the Eastman to the Paris Swing and talking about them being nearly identical. Again, from what I know about Eastman I’d just call it coincidence
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Favino, Favino
    edited January 2018
    I think several years back they made a few prototypes but they didn't move forward with making these guitars until recently. Calling the guitars identical is pretty funny though since nobody has even seen them yet. Don't most gypsy guitars look more less the same in photos anyway? :D
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • gitpicker wrote: »
    Don't most gypsy guitars look more less the same in photos anyway? :D

    Exactly. Unless you have them in hand AND know what to look for, they all look the "same".
    Bones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Buco wrote: »
    gitpicker wrote: »
    Don't most gypsy guitars look more less the same in photos anyway? :D

    Exactly. Unless you have them in hand AND know what to look for, they all look the "same".

    Yup, plus one on that. The devil is in the details. :-)
  • I saw the picture that you're talking about and it was one of the earlier Proto types they were comparing to the Paris swing not these new pictures
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew Gitane DG-310 Lulo Reinhardt
    edited January 2018
    McQ wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of concern from Tommy at djangoguitars that these are just the same guitars off the line that Paris Swing is using. Says the guitars are nearly identical. Find it hard to believe Eastman would do that though

    Woah. I took a look at djangoguitars website, facebook, instagram, and didn't see anything like this. Where is he saying it, or where are you seeing this concern being expressed?

    It was in a thread somewhere online. Photos comparing the Eastman to the Paris Swing and talking about them being nearly identical. Again, from what I know about Eastman I’d just call it coincidence
    I saw the picture that you're talking about and it was one of the earlier Proto types they were comparing to the Paris swing not these new pictures

    Ok, now I'm curious--is it against djangobooks policy or something to name or link to where this is being discussed by Tommy? Any reason why you two who are in-the-know haven't posted with the specifics? I'd still like to check this out if you have the source. Thanks.

  • Eh. Just wait until it actually comes out and play one if you're interested rather than perpetuating a rumor about a guitar that hasn't been released yet.
    richter4208
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew Gitane DG-310 Lulo Reinhardt
    Eh. Just wait until it actually comes out and play one if you're interested rather than perpetuating a rumor about a guitar that hasn't been released yet.

    Just trying to find the source. I have serious doubts about the Eastman-Paris Swing connection, but I also follow djangoguitars and would like to be aware of the statements by Tommy if he's actually making them. Overall on the web, my way of working is that if someone states he saw something online I like to have a source to read for myself and explore on my own.
  • anyway thread back on track....
    It'll be great to see what Eastman comes up with. It will definitely be good for buyers to have some other high quality lower price choices. I know I'm going to check one out and see for myself!
    I'm playing an altamira now that is ridiculously good for the money I paid. If it gets better than I'm all ears.
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew Gitane DG-310 Lulo Reinhardt
    edited January 2018
    Oh definitely--I agree 100%. I've loved every Eastman I've played more than the Martin, Gibson, or Taylor models on which they've been based. The Martin and Taylor styles sound more balanced in the eq to my ears, while the Gibson styles feel more responsive. I'm very excited about this Eastman development!

    (Though I still think it's really strange to not know where Tommy's allegedly making the controversial assertion--if I were Eastman I'd be pretty pissed, to put it lightly.)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Kryptronic Internet Software Solutions