DjangoBooks.com

Guzz Pickup II

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
Just a quick plug for this pickup, which I just received - it's really great! I'm definitely getting rid of my (Dupont) Stimer. The string volume is really well balanced so that I can actually hear the basses through my amp(I'm using Galli GSL10s), and better yet, the thing actually stays in place on my guitar without tape or putty or any stuffing around!!! The tone is not immediately as thick as the Stimer to my ear, but a little playing with the amp EQ (blues junior) has brought it very, very close.

I've decided lately to bow out of the race to get a decent clip-on-mic sound out of an amp for medium sized gigs with no PA provided, but hate the sound of piezos, don't like using archtops, and was really not happy with the imbalance of the Stimer, although it doesn't seem to bother many. Problem solved!

Thanks Michael and the people at Guzz for being so helpful too!

Jon

ps this is entirely unsolicited - it's just a very good product, and I wanted you to know.
MichaelHorowitz