DjangoBooks.com

La Chope des Puces in Acoustic Guitar Mag

Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
in Welcome Posts: 287
The March 2014 Acoustic Guitar has a short article on Ninine Garcia and La Chope des Puces - not something you see every day.
MichaelHorowitz

Comments

• SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Especially as he's mainly a player of electric guitar!

Sp :)
    MichaelHorowitz
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    It's by a Jason Glasser. No background info on the author is given. It's entitled "Chasing Django's Ghost" - Letter from Saint Quen. Just a little 2 pg thing with a pic of a couple of guitarists (I'm not sure who) playing archtops. Nice to see something on Gypsy jazz in that mag, anyway....
  • lostjohnlostjohn Charleston, WV✭✭ Altamira M01
    For anyone interested, here are a few pics I took at La Chope last June - one of Ninine & one of me entertaining some nice French lady in front of the bar (not good enough to play inside) I hope this works. I wanted to past a recording I made of Ninine playing, but I can't figure out how to do it. 8e9cb5c10b29c1c41dcb4630dfa7ab.jpg90c005d414a30a1aded721c3c41530.jpg88d13cf080169d9d32199d548ae101.jpgb99c65aae6a79051f9055ec477522f.jpg
    Sorry for the repeat pics - technology challenged here.
    John
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Cool. I must go there sometime soon.
    Ted, do you have any idea who the older gent with the cased fiddlle is? I was hoping he would play, but if he did, it was after I had to leave. I have also seen him in the background on a few YT videos at La Chope, but never playing.
    Ted, I think he came in with it, but not sure. Perhaps he is like me. I walked in with a guitar sticking out of the top of my pack and got a lot of looks from people, but since I couldn't play a lick of gypsy jazz (I didn't start this adventure until I returned home) I had the option of embarrassing myself or just remaining an international man of mystery. Naturally, I chose the latter.