DjangoBooks.com

Without boundaries

galvanometrgalvanometr Czech Republic✭✭ Lebreton Modele 4
in Welcome Posts: 37
There's been a thread with a video(s) of this chap I believe, but couldn't find it and as I believe not all these were not posted before, here you go:

Question popped in my head: Would you be willing to/able to relearn to be opposite handed if that would be the only way you could play?

Comments

• Yes
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    To answer your question; of course, well id be willing anyway.

And this is the thread from last year about Marc:
    http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/12098/think-django-would-approve-see-this-video#latest
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    That's a great point.

I was made aware only recently of Toni Iommi handicap :oops:
    Than I read somewhere him saying that knowing what he knows now, it would have been faster if he had relearned to play as a lefty.

But it also makes me wonder if his 2 finger technique had some influence to develop that wonderful mind as well and if his music would have been as beautiful.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 3,707
    Buco I think that while you are right that his lines and phrasing were changed by his accident, I think his genius would have had even greater expression if he had not been injured. I suspect he would have stood the guitar world even more on its head. Boggles my mind really, thinking about where he might have gone with it
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Yeah, I wonder that too...

To get back to Marc, I just realized he's playing with a Selmer style guitar.
    Man, all I can say is thank you Marc for enriching musical and now gypsy jazz world and showing that boundaries are indeed self applied.