DjangoBooks.com

Hello from the Philippines!

Franz MoralesFranz Morales Philippines✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 85
Hi, I'm new here and to gypsy jazz. Actually I've been trying to learn for the past two years but it was only recently that I finally got into it. Anyway, there're virtually no gypsy jazz players here in the Philippines, so it's hard to jam with someone and learn from them so I struggle to learn on my own.

Anyway, hope to learn form you guys here!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Franz,

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear there's some Gypsy jazz in the Philippines. :-bd

Keep it up...

• Band in a box has some decent GJ rhythms with the advanced version.

That or backing Tracks...Robin. Nolan ?..Angelo Debarre/Sammy Dassaut
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Franz MoralesFranz Morales Philippines✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the welcome MichaelHorowitz :) The gypsy jazz scene here is virtually non-existent, so once I feel I'm competent enough, maybe I can spearhead the movement here!

@Jazzaferri: yeah, I've been looking for backing tracks and am currently on the lookout for a good guitar-computer interface to record my own, but I'd like to find someone I can jam with one-on-one so I can ask questions, learn from them, etc. The only Filipino Manouche player I found plays the violin, and is in Hawaii! Haha.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 3,707
    Dennis Chang may know of a group ...if there is one...while a canuck he has relly's in Taiwan and if anyone is hip to the far east scene it will be him. He is in Taiwan atm so may be slow in responding, but send him a pm.

He also has a great site dc music. Worth checking out.
    @jazaferri oh yeah. I added him as a friend in Facebook already :) But when we chatted, he doesn't know anyone from the Philippines :( But he does give me tips every now and then, which helps a lot :)

I checked his DC music site too, but haven't purchased any lessons yet from him. I feel I have to master my arps and general 'awareness' of the music first. :P
  • Maybe you are breaking new ground there.....a musical pioneer in your land
    Haha once I am competent enough, I plan to spearhead the gypsy jazz movement here ;) I know some who listen to gypsy jazz, but so far haven't found anyone really into to play it.