DjangoBooks.com

The More I Use it The More I Love IT

The title says it all...particularly watching the reaction buttons....I am really enjoying the new format.

Again thanks Michael.....
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Jazzaferri… Jay does know what to Say…

The More I Use it The More I Love IT TOO!!! :-c

pick on

pickitjohn
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Can we have a reaction button for "Disagree" :giggle:
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 1,252
    *edit* Jay... was that a double entendre? Did you literally mean: "The more I use it, the more I love it." (Robert Frostian epistrophe) or did you capitalize the final IT (Information Technology) as a nod to the the new site's support for modern web stuff?

Either way, I have to agree with you. I was expecting to dislike it, but it works very well. I know Michael had been having more and more problems with the old software which was cutting edge when his original website went up. But realistically, that was back when cellphones looked like walkie-talkies and TVs were cube-shaped, and the only "pads" that existed were in Star Trek...

Just judging from conversations with him this past year, that old code has been eating his time as it had fallen behind new web standards. It's no wonder video support eventually broke on the old forum; Youtube was running on a completely different type of code. I don't even think HTML5 existed when Michael launched Djangobooks and it's pretty much the entire web now.

Anyway - Congrats, Michael. I know the formatting isn't exactly where you want it yet, but the site is stable and it works - some things work A LOT better, actually. (posts, account management, inline media etc.) and you haven't skipped a beat in terms of fulfilling orders & such during the rollout. Web rollouts are way more difficult than they appear. Herculean effort & we appreciate it.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 3,707
    Bob...I am so very glad you got the double entendre

For me, the less I have to know about computers now, the better. Back in DOS and early windows days I enjoyed it but as they kept changing where things were ..I got tired of resetting my aging memory.

Now I am content to get a deeper understanding of Sibelius 7 and the easier the human black box interface the better IMO
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    i guess i take time getting used to anything new...
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    The more I use it, the less I like it and it is so slow!!!!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Roger, sorry to hear you're experiencing slow load times. It's loading quickly for me. However, now that I know it's running a little slow for some people I can make some adjustments on the back end which should speed it up.

Thanks for your patience...