DjangoBooks.com

Using the New Forum

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks, Michael, I see what it is. The star is invisible - white on white. Once you pointed out where it should be, the star's outline is made visible by rolling over it...but not sure others have this, but I'd say that's an issue. Can you change the color of the star, etc.?
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Passacaglia glad you found it. It's pretty clear on all the browsers I checked but may be difficult to see if your montitor has the contrast set differently. I'll look into different colors on the final version.
    Buco wrote: »
    What's "activity" area in the profile page for?
    Just a place to share whatevers?

@Buco good question! It's similar to Facebook. It will show recent things you've done on the forum. Currently there aren't too many actions that get posted, but that will change in the future.

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Michael.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

@Buco good question! It's similar to Facebook. It will show recent things you've done on the forum. Currently there aren't too many actions that get posted, but that will change in the future.

Cool thanks. I'm not on social media but I figured it's something like that: "Hey all I arpegiated for a whole afternoon" kinda thing.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Everytime I sign in to write a comment to some post the site throws me out and I'm getting error message "the site couldn't be found". Then I have to come back to the site to write the comment.. Just let you know there's something weird happening after sign in.
    @bluetrain I was doing some work on the site this evening. Everything should work now...if not, let me know.
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    @bluetrain I was doing some work on the site this evening. Everything should work now...if not, let me know.

It happened just one minute before you replied so I'm guessing it doesn't work yet :)
    @bluetrain I had just finished the modifications and they involved cleaning out some caches which take a few minutes to restore. That explains the behavior you were experiencing and should only be temporary.
    @MichaelHorowitz
    Hi Michael,
    a couple of questions:
    when recent discussions are listed, if I mouse over the one at the top I'll get a spoke icon with "options" button. If I click on it it gives me the option to "dismiss".
    I did it once earlier and it dismissed it for sure, ie sent it down to the bottom of the discussions list or something like that, but I still don't get the point of this. Can you explain?

Secondly, and this is more of a suggestion, when you have a discussion opened it shows a list of people who commented with their name as a link. Clicking the name takes you to the user's page. But could you make it so it takes you to that comment? Or is there another way to quickly look up the persons comment in a particular topic? I understand I can go to the user's page and look up their comments but I'm talking something like a single click, more automated action.

Thanks!

Oh and I like the "similar topics" listed in a particular topic. But I'm looking for it now and can't see it. Where did it go? I'm sure I saw it last night.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel