DjangoBooks.com

HELP - Verify this Gitane DG-340

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a used gitane dg-340, but I noticed that the bridge seem to be a older dg-500/255/250/300 style bridge which is much shorter than the newer 330/340 models. Even with this shorter/older bridge the action is still some what high. This makes me wonder about the neck angle since I've heard they improved (increased) the neck angle and top arch.

Those that have the 340 or 330 can you please post a picture of your neck angle and the top arch because I would like to compare.

Otherwise everything, label, tuners, neck thickness, walnut binding all seem to be a legit dg-340, except the gold tailpiece which could've gotten replaced.

I appreciate all your help and I'll post pictures of mine later,

Has everyone else had issues like this?

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    In all honesty it's not really worth trying to verify the history of an entry level guitar like the dg340. I'm not a fan of them, but if it plays well and you are comfortable with it, (and more importantly the price was not too much) then simply jam on the thing until your fingers turn blue. I've played early models, and the build quality was very patchy, so the possibility of different parts being used is very possible.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell