DjangoBooks.com

Guzz Acoustic Pickup Series II (Pre Order - Ships Jan, 2014)

13»

Comments

• bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    I tried today my friends new Guzz Series 2. The construction is pretty nice. It's bigger than my Dupont Stimer and the clip is very sturdy and keeps the mic tightly on the guitar. The sounds.. well. I wasn't that happy about it. The bass strings play really loud and the B-string is quite dead!? The E-string is about the same volume as other strings so there's some unbalance in this microphone at least with my guitar with quite high action. I tried it with two different amplifiers and the mic is placed as center as possible. The big clip doesn't allow much final adjustments as in Dupont Stimer. You can move the Dupont Stimer quite a lot and final adjust the balance like that. I have to say that I like Dupont Stimer more.

One thing that bothers me with Guzz and Dupont Stimer is their original cables that are quite thick and heavy. It would be so easy to manufacture a reliable and thinner cable so I don't understand why they don't do that. Peche a la Mouche has quite nice cable but the attachment is fixed so that's not good either because eventually the cable breaks from the attachment point.