DjangoBooks.com

Vamp chords

Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
edited October 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 432
Anyone know where I could find the chords for Vamp? I've got a couple of Angelo Debarre's versions on CD, but I can't make out all the changes. Thanks.

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Funny enough, this is one tune I've never been able to find a chart for. However, I don't know if it would help in your quest, but I've done a transcription of the entire song as performed by Django (minus the chords) that I'd be happy to share.
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    The chords to all Django's compositions, including "Vamp", are here:-

41JQM6I%2BGGL.jpg
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    These are the chords I got from the recording. I hope this helps as I haven't seen any other charts for this song posted online.
    Charles Meadowswim
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I'll chime in on this old thread, but great tune. From Eva Sur Seine, Thomas Baggerman, et al. http://www.singingdjango.com/Vamp.html
    There is also a Ben Givan transcription of Vamp available. https://sites.google.com/site/klemjc/
    bohemewarbler
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    These players are kind of a hidden gem. Once I discovered for myself the Thomas Baggerman Trio, I became a big fan of theirs, and after seeing (and chatting with) the trio with Eva Sur Seine (a.k.a. Eva Scholten) at Samois, I've also become a great fan of this group.

BTW. Thomas Baggerman plays a Dupont MD-50 and brother Max plays a guitar made by luthier Sebastien Carmantrand from Brussels. I also use their recordings more than any others to play along with and mimic as they have the feel and tempos that really appeal to me.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    great tune. here's a decent chart